Anesthesia & Intensive Care
Anesthesia & Intensive Care
Intensive care medicine, also called critical care medicine, is a medical specialty that deals with seriously or critically ill patients who have, are at risk of, or are recovering from conditions that may be life-threatening. Anesthesia or anesthesia is a state of controlled, temporary loss of sensation or awareness that is induced for medical purposes. It may include some or all of analgesia, paralysis, amnesia, and unconsciousness. A patient under the effects of anesthetic drugs is referred to as being anesthetized.
The Department of Critical Care Medicine at Prakriya Hospitals provides high quality, continuous, comprehensive, safe, appropriate and compassionate care to adult patients with life threatening illnesses. Our mission is to be a leading Critical Care Unit that will define excellent care in India. So, we have equipped the adult ICU with technologies like the advanced hemodynamic monitoring, resuscitation and support, advanced invasive and non-invasive ventilator support and intermittent/continuous renal replacement therapy to the critically ill patient.
VISITING HOURS/BRIEFING TIME:
Morning: 10:30 hrs to 11:30 hrs
Evening: 15:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs
Please note: All effort will be made to ensure that we adhere to these timings. Occasionally, we may not be able to meet these time lines due to emergencies within the CCU.
REQUEST TO VISITORS OF ICU PATIENTS
- Visiting patients are strictly restricted to
- Visiting hours.
- Visiting patients are preferably restricted to close family members.
- Two visitors per patient during the morning visiting hour.
- Four (strictly two at a time) visitors per patient during the evening visiting hour.
- Please leave your belongings outside the CCU during the visit.
- If your footwear is dirty/soiled, please remove them outside the CCU and use the footwear provided.
- Before entering the CCU, please roll up your sleeves above the elbow and wash your hands thoroughly up to the elbow in the sink provided and dry your hands.
Liberally apply the alcohol hand rub and rub your hands till they are dry.
Minimise contact with the patient or his/her surroundings.
ICU doctors will update you regarding patient status during the visiting hours.
Please nominate ONE/TWO lead members in the family with whom all communications will be made. It will be very difficult for the team to repeat the same information to new family members repeatedly.
ONE/TWO lead members in the family will always need to be contactable on the phone during your patients stay in the MICU.
If you need to communicate with the doctors in the CCU please contact the CCU Office.
If you are called to the CCU, please wait outside the CCU after announcing your arrival to the security.
To deliver medication or collect prescription, please wait outside the unit after you have announced your arrival by pressing the calling bell once.