Dr. K R Madhava - Medical Oncologist
Dr. K R Madhava
MBBS, MD, DNB, MRCP, FRCR (LONDON) | Consultant Medical Oncologist & Director
Dr. K R Madhava is a Sr. Consultant and HOD – Medical Oncology in Prakriya Hospitals, Bangalore and has vast experience of 20 years in these fields.
Dr. K R Madhava is a Sr. Consultant, HOD – Medical Oncology in Prakriya Hospitals, Nagasandra, Bangalore and has vast experience of 20 years in these fields.
Dr. Madhava completed his MBBS in 1990 from Mysore Medical College. He completed post-graduation in General Medicine (MD & DNB) from TN Medical College & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai, 1995. He underwent further training in General Medicine in UK and attained MRCP in 2000. He completed the 5 year Clinical Oncology Specialist Training and was awarded the CCST in 2005.
He worked as a Consultant, Clinical Oncologist in the United Kingdom, with special interest in Breast, Lung, Upper GI malignancies, Urology & Hepato-billiary malignancies for 6 years in UK before returning to India. He also participated and recruited patients for international trials. Currently he is practicing as a Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist & Head of Dept of Oncology, specialising in
molecular diagnostics, targeted therapy & immunotherapy in addition to chemotherapy. He is also heading the
research unit and conducting oncology trials as principal investigator.
- MBBS - Mysore Medical College, 1990
- MD & DNB - TN Medical College & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai, 1995
- Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom, 2000
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Clinical Tutor for Royal college of Radiologists, Clinical Oncology Training program for Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Clinical lead for Upper GI cancer services , Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Scientific Research Committee Member- Health Care Global Oncology, Bangalore
- Principal investigator for several ongoing international trials with BGS Global Research Centre.